UAE Tour, Stage 6, was not great for me. I got caught in a ‘yard sale’ really early on. I’ve taken an impact to the same rib I hurt at the Tour Down Under. So, we are four weeks later and I think I’ve re-torn the same muscle there, so I’m out.
That was my day.
Pretty disappointing, trying to get the ball rolling first race back and have that, but that’s bike racing and we turn around and go again in a couple weeks time.
I don’t think I’m going to be off the bike too long if it’s not broken. We know it’s not broken, just have to let that muscle heel, get stronger and get ready to go again.
Stage 6, Top 5 results:
1. Primož Roglič (SLO), Jumbo-Visma, 4:15:39
2. Tom Dumoulin (NED), Team Sunweb, s.t.
3. David Gaudu (FRA), Groupama-FDJ, s.t.
4. Dan Martin (IRL), UAE-Team Emirates, s.t.
5. Alejandro Valverde (ESP), Movistar, s.t.
General classification, Top 5 results:
1. Primož Roglič (SLO), Jumbo-Visma, 23:09:38
2. Alejandro Valverde (ESP), Movistar Team, +0:31
3. David Gaudu (FRA), Groupama-FDJ, +0:44
4. Emanuel Buchmann (GER), Bora-Hansgrohe, +0:56
5. Wilco Kelderman (NED), Team Sunweb, +1:04
For previous diary entry, click here.
About Patrick Bevin:
The Taupo native is entering his fifth season as a WorldTour rider, his first with the Polish-registered CCC Pro Team, which merged his BMC Racing team with CCC-Sprandi-Polkowice. Bevin is a reigning two-time national time trial champion, 2019 Tour Down Under stage winner and points champion, as well as previous stage winner at Tour de Korea, Tour de Taiwan and the Herald Sun Tour.