As with all competitions there are terms and conditions, or rules, that apply to keep the competition fair for all entrants.
Rules of the competition - to make it a fair competition for all
- These Competition Rules apply to the RoadCycling.co.nz's 2012 Tour de France prize draw (the Competition).
- The Competition is primarily one of chance.
- Participation in the Competition is deemed to be full and unconditional acceptance of the Rules.
- Roadcycling.co.nz reserves the right to change these rules.
- The Competition Prize is for one Felt F3 road bike with specifications and size availability as provided here.
- The Prize is provided by Marleen Wholesalers and the competition managed by RoadCycling.co.nz
- Entry into the competition releases Marleen Wholesalers and RoadCycling.co.nz from any liability whatsoever relating to participation in the Competition and from use of the prize.
- The Prize will only be provided to a person living in New Zealand.
Who can enter
- Entrants must be New Zealand residents and must provide a valid New Zealand phone number.
- Entries cannot be made by proxy.
- Employees of RoadCycling.co.nz Ltd, or its affiliated advertising or promotion organisations and their immediately family are not eligible to enter the Competition.
Entry - How to provide a valid entry
- Entry is limited to 1 entry per person per stage during the 2012 Tour de France, plus one pre-tour entry on Jun 30th, 2012. Final entries close on Jul 23rd NZ time. There will be a new Entry Form per stage.
- An eligible entry must contain the correct answer to each Stage Entry Form's question when there is one. If a question asks for your opinion, an opinion must be expressed.
- RoadCycling.co.nz reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Competition on reasonable grounds, which includes but is not limited to, those who have tried to gain an unfair advantage or have used fraudulent means.
Determining the winner - we'll be in touch
- The Winner will be determined by random draw of eligible entries, and will be drawn by midday July 25th, NZ time.
- RoadCycling.co.nz's determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Only the person who originally entered the competition can be awarded the prize.
- The Winner will be notified by email and/or phone for RoadCycling.co.nz to confirm they were in fact the person who entered. This notification must be acknowledged by the Winner within 48 hours. Failure to acknowledge notification is regarded as a forfeit of the prize.
- In the event that any Winner forfeits the Prize, or is deemed ineligible, RoadCycling.co.nz will conduct a redraw, following the same procedure as set out above.
- In accepting the Prize, the Prize Winner agrees to participate in any publicity arrangements made by or on the behalf of RoadCycling.co.nz and/or Marleen Wholesalers. The Winner further acknowledges and agrees that their name and photograph can be used in conjunction with this promotion on RoadCycling.co.nz and on RoadCycling.co.nz's Twitter and Facebook accounts.
- Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed true, and in the case of email notification - active, through to and beyond the date of the competition completion.
- RoadCycling.co.nz reserves the right to refuse the award of The Prize to an entrant who RoadCycling.co.nz decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules, gained unfair advantage in participating in the competition or won using fraudulent means.
If you are lucky enough to win the prize
- The Prize will be arranged with Marleen Wholesalers after Confirmation is confirmed.
- The Prize cannot be redeemed for cash or exchanged for other prizes/goods.
- In the event of a discrepancy between words and or pictures of the prize, Marleen Wholesalers will determine the correct prize details.
We'll do our best to keep the site up and running and the competition open
- RoadCycling.co.nz reserves the right to discontinue the competition at any stage for any reason.
- RoadCycling.co.nz take no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete or continue the competition due to technical failure of the entry system, acts of god or any other reason.
- To the fullest extent permitted by New Zealand law, RoadCycling.co.nz and Marleen Wholesalers will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of participation in the Competition or from use or ownership of the Prize.
In order to enter the competition the entrant must supply a valid email address and phone number. These will only be used for the purposes intended in relation to the Competition and fulfillment of the Prize. If the entrant has requested to be added to the RoadCycling.co.nz newsletter their email address will also be used for that purposes. The newsletter has a clear opt-out option.
Last updated: June, 2012
Tour de France menu
Support RoadCycling.co.nz Advertisers